Monday, June 25, 2012

Penultimate Ballet Class

In less than an hour I will be at my second last ballet lesson, possibly forever. I've been attending my ballet school for seven years now. And this year three of us are leaving. I must admit that while I am eagerly anticipating college in California, I am very sad to say 'goodbye' to my amazing ballet teacher, and my friends. One of the girls used to tie my shoes for me, she did this for a whole term as I was not very good at it! I've relied on various girls in my class to teach me steps that I did not know due to an absence from class. And one of the girls held my hand during an exam so I would not cry after seriously messing up a port de bra exercise.


We are an odd bunch of girls. But we all mesh, and get along, We have a real laugh, and even though classes can be stressful sometimes, especially in the run up to exams or shows, we have always kept going.

When I first started dancing at LBS, there were about fifteen girls in my class, now we are down to six, myself and five other girls. Our teacher used to be super strict with us too, but she has mellowed so much, and we are very adept at sidetracking her; we love it when she goes off on a tangent and describes the latest ballet she saw, or the origin of a particular dance.


I cannot quite contemplate how much I am going to miss these girls. I've taken four RAD ballet exams, performed in three shows and had a ball for the last seven years at LBS.
The amount of times we have giggled through pirouettes, or stumbled over bar de bourges, or attempted to dance as light weight fairies, fallen on the floor after a jete, and countless other balletic feats.





I love my ballet babes!! And I am going to miss them enormously, and even if I take classes in CA, I will never find girls as amazing to dance with as them <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Each comment is like a gift. They bring a smile to my face.