Wednesday, April 04, 2012

California Calling....

I am so excited about starting Bible college. It's a whole new chapter of my life. I did have a real desire to go but money always dissuaded me. I never really voiced this desire either because I thought it was so impossible that there was no point really. I will forever be amazed at how God knows all those secret things you want, and sometimes brings them about without you even realising it. I never asked to go to Bible college, I never made any plans to go, I never saved any money specifically for it; but I now find myself filling out visa forms and selling all my surplus stuff, and winter clothes ready for a new life in California.

The daunting task of reducing my life into a couple of suitcases is looming. And I had no idea that suitcases were so expensive!


I am so excited to get learning!! I've never been to school and for the last three years I've been my own teacher. I am actually looking forward to having homework deadlines, and having someone else predict my grades for me. I'm actually going to have to be in class on time. I am so thrilled.

The idea of living in sunny California for two years is so exciting, I still haven't quite grasped it. I love the sun, for someone who was born in the middle of winter I can't stand the cold! During the winter months I sleep beneath two duvets and three fleece blankets, and I wear hoodies and socks and a hat, etc........
 So I'm looking forward to keeping my sunglasses out for more than three months of the year.


And the idea of having a barbecue for my Birthday this year, well, I have no words for the excitement that brings!!


Annnnd, let's not forget thrift stores! I can't wait to check those out. I do love a good bargain!




So many things to look forward to!!



1 comment:

  1. I'm really happy for you. Have fun in California! :)

    ReplyDelete

Each comment is like a gift. They bring a smile to my face.