Saturday, April 21, 2012

The year in film releases......

Don't you just love the excitement the anticipation of film releases gives?! Yes, there is that feeling of 'aaargh, I can't take the wait any longer!!' But in general the build up is such fun. I have compiled a list of the films that I am definitely more than a wee bit excited about this year, or what's left of this year.........


At number 1, and this is going in order of release date, as opposed to anything else, is;

The Avengers - released on the 26th of April (UK)


I have to admit I am a massive fan of Marvel Comic heroes (well superheroes in general really)!! So I have been rather looking forward tot this one for a while now! I must admit, I haven't yet seen Thor, or the first Hulk film, they need to be seen first I think. Also I have reservations about Scarlett Johansson; I find her irritating, and that's about it really. But I managed to tolerate her in the second Ironman film so I'm sure I'll be fine for this one too. Also, it's out in 2 days!! Aaaaaaahh!

At number 2

Men in Black III - released 25th of May (UK)



I'll be honest here, I hadn't properly seen the two preceding Men in Black films until this month. Which is pretty bad for someone my age. Now that I have seen one and two I can officially join everyone else who is excited for this film. I'm hoping that the special effects are a wee bit better than the last two though.

Number 3

The Amazing Spider-Man - released 4 July (UK)


Although I have been looking forward to this film since Christmas, when I saw one of the early posters at the cinema, I do have some major reservations about this film. Having seen the Toby MaguireKirsten Dunst versions I'm not entirely sure that these actors are going to be as good, however I would love to be proven wrong. And I am sure that Emma Stone will be brilliant, as she was in 'the help'. My other reservations regard the names and the storyline. I'll be honest (again) I haven't read the comics, I'm not really a comic girl, however I'm pretty sure that Peter Parker's crush was called Mary-Jane, not Gwen. And I don't recognise most of the character names listed in this film, and I don't recall any mysterious disappearance of Peter's parents. But on the other hand the storyline is intriguing and makes you curious as to how it will unfold. That being said, all the good bits and funny lines may have already been seen in the trailer. I am rooting for them to pull it off though.

Number 4

Ice Age 4: Continental Drift - Released 13th of July (UK)


 Come on, who doesn't love these guys?! I mean really! I know the story-lines aren't the best, but really these films make me laugh so much! I don't know how many times I've seen the third one, but it's still so funny everytime I see it. I'm sure this ones storyline will be just as awful as the second and third, but who cares, it's fun!!

Number 5

Okay people, I've been waiting for this one since 2008. I am a huge Batman fan!!

The Dark Knight Rises - released 20th of July (UK)


 So, more excited about this than I can say!! Batman is my all time favourite superhero, period!! Also kind of sad as it's the last one; but still looking forward to this so much. My Dad and I will be queueing up to see this no doubt.
I only have one small issue and that is on the casting of Catwoman. I find Anne Hathaway annoying and I can't take her seriously, sorry. However that being said, I have never been disappointed by a Chris Nolan film, and I'm pretty sure that this one won't either, so again, I am pretty sure Nolan will prove me wrong here. I really hope so anyway.

Number 6

Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Dog Days - Released 3rd of August (UK)



Another film that is a guilty pleasure really, like Ice age. Very funny, and entertaining. Best enjoyed when watching with younger siblings. The last two were very funny and I'm sure that this one will be too.

Number 7

The Bourne Legacy - released 17th of August (UK)


 Okay, okay, I feel asleep for half an hour half way through the the third Bourne film; one minute Jason was in one country and the next thing I knew he was in Russia?!!? But I was really tired, really tired, I never fall asleep in films! Anyway, it's still an brilliant series and I am really looking forward to this new instalment. And having seen Jeremy Renner in Mission Impossible 3: Ghost protocol I am pretty sure he will play the part very well.

Number 8

Looper - released 28th of September (UK)


I just love the idea behind this movie. And Joseph Gordon-Levitt is always funny and believable, and Bruce Willis, well, you know, he's pretty good at action filled films. The trailer was pretty impressive, go check it out!!


Number 9

The Hobbit - released 14th of December (UK)


I am so excited about this film!!! I have to say that I didn't like the Lord of the Rings books, I found them boring. I managed to read the Fellowship of the ring and half of the Two Towers before I gave up. However I read the Hobbit first and I really enjoyed it. The Hobbit was a far more interesting story for me personally, so I am really looking forward to it being brought to life.
Also the cast is very impressive, Martin Freeman is perfect for Bilbo; grumpy, funny and of course short. And the majority of the original Lord of the Rings cast is back too. Eeeeeeeeek!!
And yes, I will go back and re-watch the Lord of the Rings films, see if they are as boring as I remember.

So that's my top nine films to look forward to this year, what are yours?

1 comment:

  1. The Avengers looks AWESOME! I am so hoping to get to see it in theaters but who knows! =)

    Despite my skepticism, I think The Bourne Legacy will be great. Still going to miss Damon though. =/

    ReplyDelete

Each comment is like a gift. They bring a smile to my face.