Sunday, March 04, 2012

Raw Chocolate and blueberry pie! Yum!

I'm kinda into the whole raw healthy food thing, and I love experimenting and making different things in the kitchen. And last month I made a completely raw vegan blueberry pie! It was delicious! And I can say that because my family loved it, it didn't last very long.
Doesn't it look fab?!


Here's how I made it;

For the pie crust I used,
1 cup of walnuts, although cashews are the best for pie crusts.
1 cup of almonds, again using all cashews is better, but really any nut is good, just experiment and find your favourite.
1 cup of dates.
Honey.

All you have to do it finely grind the nuts either in a food processor or a coffee grinder.


Then use a food processor to whizz up the dates until they form a big sticky ball. Once the dates are all mooshy, add the nuts. Keep whizzing until you get a fairly solid consistency, add as little or as much honey as you want. I used the honey to get the right consistency.
 Once it's ready mold it onto a dish, and stick it in the freezer.

Then make the filling;
2 cup of blueberries,
1 cup of almonds, or any other nut you prefer,
3 tablespoons of raw cacao ground up or cocoa powder,
honey.

Grind the nuts, again I find a coffee grinder the best. Whizz up the blueberries in a food processor, they won't look so good when you do this! Put all the other ingredients in with the blueberries and whizz up until you get a mousse like consistency.

Add honey to taste.
Then just put the mousse on the pie, and you're ready to go!









Also the blueberry filling is also amazing on it's own as a pudding. You could probably do it with different berries too.

It's amazing what you can make with God's creation! =)

By the way, raw cacao is unrefined, unroasted, straight from the pod, chocolate. It has a very strong flavour and loads of health benefits, which is why I love it. I get mine on the Internet. But if you don't want to use it, or you don't like the taste then just use cocoa powder, or you could probably just leave it out.





1 comment:

Each comment is like a gift. They bring a smile to my face.