Friday, August 31, 2012

I'm a wee bit busy these days....

I know I haven't blogged for a while. But I have been so busy recently. I have been in the US of A for 8 days now.
My flight was 10 and a half hours long. And there was very little for me to eat on the plane as I am gluten intolerant. Luckily I had a Tupperware tub full of dried goji berries, dates, apricots and mulberries. And I'll admit that yes I had a small bag of Thornton's chocolates, which I needed after saying 'goodbye' to my family; I will admit that I didn't eat them until after I'd been on the plane for around 6 hours though! That was when I got super hungry.
I also ate a tiny tub of ice cream and an even tinier tub of fruit salad, and two mini packs of cassava chips. I landed and I was half starved, had to drag myself through customs, which took over an hour and then had to remove my two rather heavy suitcases from the carousel, which was embarrassing to say the least, I'm all leg strength.
So to see a friendly face was so nice and comforting, and he carried my heavier suitcase and my backpack for me. I had a gluten free, or 'protein style' In'N'Out dinner, first ever, as I have never been stateside, but I was way to tired to recall what it tasted like other than, it was 'good'.

I was so tired, fell right asleep at midnight, US time, and woke up naturally at about half eight. Had a quick breakfast and was dropped off ready to go to Disneyland, also for the first time ever. I was excited chick!! You do not know how many times I have seen Disneyland advertised on the telly. I have always wanted to go. And a lovely family took me! They were amazing, they knew all the best rides, and looked after me so well, it was such fun!
I went on Space Mountain, It's a small world, Indiana Jones (okay, I went on that twice!), the Haunted Mansion, the Buzz Lightyear ride, the Peter Pan ride, and so many other rides too! I also saw the fireworks, the carnival and Fantasmic! Aaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!! 
And to top it off, Disneyland had a whole list of things that were gluten free! So I had a small gluten free pizza! The first pizza I've had in probably two years!!! It was such a treat.
Oh and did I mention, I met Mickey Mouse, Tinker Bell and my favourite Disney princess, Sleeping Beauty? I also spied Merida and Tatiana through the crowds, and waved at Cinderella!

We didn't leave Disneyland till midnight so I was super exhausted the next day, which was a Friday. We just chilled, which was cool, I had to go through my email, 56 emails! Woweee!

Then on Friday, I moved back to my friend's house and we went shopping, I got some things for college, and we met some people, I was pretty tired, so I cannot for the life of me remember any names. After that we went to church, my friend played piano that week, it was amazing! I also wandered around Wholefoods for about an hour and a half, did I mention how much I love Wholefood stores???

We attempted to watch a movie on Saturday night, John Carter, a real action film. And um, yeah, we um, kinda, um, fell asleep. One minute there's an intense battle raging and the next someone is nudging me saying, 'I think it's bedtime'. So I was in bed asleep by half ten on Saturday night.

Sunday was a blast. Back to my friend's church at about quarter to eight, yep, I've been getting up really early since I got here, and I just hung out in the back. We had breakfast at Wholefoods, man, I love that store! Then we went to Urban Outfitters, that is where the cool kids hang.

Then back for lunch, and we watched the Mummy Returns, then National Treasure, and most of us fell asleep, myself included. Which made it the perfect time to pack some towels and head to the beach! Bonfires on the beach, and lots of people! Yay!
But did I mention we managed to go to the wrong beach, and only realised after we bought a parking ticket??? Eeeeeek! So we had to turn around and go back. Luckily we were able to use the ticket at the correct beach, where my friend's church were actually meeting.

So after a few hours on the beach I went and stayed with some other friends, who were also so lovely to me; actually everyone has been lovely since I landed, but the three families whose homes I actually stayed in have been amazing and I love them all to bits!

We made a quick run to Wholefoods, and picked up lots of yummy, yet healthy snacks, including gluten AND dairy AND soy free cookie dough ice cream!! It was made with coconut milk instead of soy or dairy products. And let me tell you, I will no longer miss Ben and Jerries'; never thought I'd say that.

While eating delicious ice cream, we watched X-men 2, then BAM! I fell asleep, AGAIN! So bed, ready to be up again at six, because it was Bible college move in day!!!!! So exciting!

And that's all I have time for right now. I have some more sermons to listen to, and I want another banana, and I need some water and I just want to go to bed really.



2 comments:

  1. Sometimes a break is good. Hope your schedule slows soon, C.C. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, it sure is. I am going to be super busy at college, but I've been working on getting to bed in good time, so I'm not too tired.

      Delete

Each comment is like a gift. They bring a smile to my face.