Friday, May 11, 2012

This week I bought a flight to LAX

Yes, I did, there's no going back, and although I know it was a wee bit premature to book a one way flight to Los Angeles when I haven't obtained my visa yet, I still think it was wise. Well, my parents thought it was a good move to make, and I always listen to them, no really, *wink, wink*


You would not believe how cheap my flight was, especially for the middle of August. I felt that it would have been stupid not to book the flight. The way I see it is that God has already fixed everything up this far, in that I was offered a scholarship, then everything else just slotted into place, I needed something, I somehow obtained it, etc, etc.

I also bought my international student card at the same time! It arrived in the post this morning! I was so excited, I've never had a student card before, and I can't wait to start using it. Whoooo!!

And in other news, I've started reading a brilliant devotional book on the Psalms. It's really encouraging. I had no idea how relevant they were for us today, this morning I read about Psalm 3, and the chapter heading was 'advice for insomniacs'. But I won't go into that in this post, I'll post about it later.

xxxxx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Each comment is like a gift. They bring a smile to my face.