Saturday, December 31, 2011

New year resolutions

Listening to An aeroplane carried me to bed - Sky Sailing.

So I only have a few, no really, okay maybe a few.

#1, dress better - Over the last two years I've been exploring different styles and I am more aware of the kind of style I like. I like high waisted skirt and heeled brogues, vintage style sweaters with skinny jeans and heeled ankle boots, so I am going to used Ebay to obtain a gorgeous wardrobe, a task that will take at least a year; although I have already begun =)

My parents got me these for Christmas; aren't they gorgeous?!


#2, Eat better - The last six months have been the worst of my life. And even though I am very health aware, I use food as a crutch. I'm sad, I eat, I'm stressed, I eat, I'm angry, I eat, etc. I've put on weight, and I need to get back to my green smoothies. I love eating good, wholesome food, and cooking is a passion. This year with the new awareness to the fact that my body reacts very badly to gluten, I am determined to eat well. No more junk!



#3, Exercise better - We upgraded our treadmill so there are few excuses. I live in the middle of nowhere, so running and cycling is no issue. I am capable of running 10 miles everyday, so I should. Besides it's nice to run early in the morning when there's no one else around, just you and the birds. It clears my head and starts the day so well. And even if it's raining and the treadmill is out of action, we still have all of the Jillian Michaels' workout videos AS WELL AS hundreds of other exercise videos, and some of them are just as tough as a 10 miler! No lie!



#4, Use my time wisely - Okay, so I let a lot of time slip by, I should have been more productive, I have so many hobbies I should be bettering myself. I could have been a 2nd Dan black belt by now, but I'm not, because I didn't organise my time well enough.

#5, Be in bed by 10:30PM on weekdays - I have found that due to my tendencies to insomnia if I'm not in bed by this time, I will not sleep until 2AM at the earliest.

I would love to have this room!
#6, Be up by 7:20AM on weekdays - If I'm not out running just after 8, then the whole of my day's schedule is messed up, and if it's a particularly cold or miserable day I sometimes take up to 40 minutes to get ready.

This is definitely not England XD It's not raining or foggy!
#7, Lose 26 pounds - I've put on around 12 pounds over six months - the same amount of weight that I worked three months to lose just after last Christmas. I am considered healthy at my current weight, but I am not happy at my current weight. I've worked out that 112 pounds is perfectly healthy for someone my height and I won't look bony and scarily skinny at that weight. My clothes are starting to feel tight too, so it's definitely time to take control again.

There are many other smaller things I want to do this year, such as go to another Owl City concert! But those 7 things are the most important to me.

Anyway, I look forward to another year of hard work, play, blogging and learning.

Happy New year to all my readers.

CC.Shoshanah  xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Each comment is like a gift. They bring a smile to my face.